what to do about the 5th unplaned pregnancy???

I am 19 years old and i am pregnant with my 5th child. My boyfriend thinks I should give it up for adoption,but I dont think I can. How can I keep the others and give this one away to complete strangers> dont get me wrong I love my kids more than anything in the world,but Im not the richest person in the world. I just dont know what to do,and I dont want my family to thnk badly of me. I know there is alot of good people that would be willing to take my baby. Its just what if noone adopts him/her what would happen to him/her??? Im scared what should i do?? I know some of you are thinking birth control but everytime I use birthcontrol it allways fails. I have use all kinds of birth control and it still does not work for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Adoption

• I can tell you as someone who has an older child and surrendered the younger child that you never get over it and the child(ren) you are raising will never get over losing their sibling or come to terms with it.

If you are hesitent about adoption and are only thinking of it because the baby's father wants it, then you do not do it. You look into adoption because YOU want to, not because someone else thinks it is best.

There is assistance out there that can help you keep the baby. You can pursue child support from the father (which is probably why he wants you to adopt the baby out, to avoid paying support). There are avenues you can take.

randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think that if you can not get BC to work you might want to consider getting your tubes tied...I mean by 5 kids; are you thinking your still going to want more? I realize that isn't a solution to your current situation and IDK if anyone can tell you what to do; that's really gotta be what you feel you can live with in your heart...good luck...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Keep the baby if you want to, it's your decision, but after this birth just get your tubes tied, honey. Trust me, even being as young as 19 if you have five kids, I'm quite sure you can find a doctor who will do it for you. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It sounds like you just aren't using birth control CORRECTLY. I'm sorry but I just can't even begin to understand. Your post makes me sad for your children.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• when did you start having babies 14?! and how can your family be mad if you really were on BC and it fails that isn't your fault. And someone WOULD adopt it. No question there. But I feel ya after having 4 how can you give away the 5th. I couldn't imagine having 4 let alone 5 kids right now ( i'm 19)
    You need to talk to your parents about it, talk to your DOCTOR.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well it is something you need to think about and you could pick the family before you have the baby so you would know the baby is going somewhere great. If you know you couldn't provide i would say it is a great gift to give your child a chance at a better life where he or she could go to college and have loving parents that are dying for a baby. It is something you need to think long and hard about and you can research it and if you don't like the idea of adoption you don't have to do it. good luck don't feel pressure to decide right now your feelings will change throught the pregnancy. send a msg if you need someone to chat with. After this one is born if you know you already have your hands full eith 4 you could have your tubes tied..then no more surprises :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• IS this a joke??????? God I hope so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i would ask myself do i have the time to raise this child with all the attention and love it deserves, i would do what was best for the baby having 4 children already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had my first child at 19. And im now 25 and i have 6 children ages from 6months-8years. I think that adoption is one option. But do you really want to give up this child? And there is your answer.
    Personally i would'nt because it is my child and i gt myself into it. All my children were unplanned aswell. But i understand your situtation. Is there any other options for you.?
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think that you need to get your tubes tied then. If this is the 5th time you didnt "plan" on getting pregnant, you dont feel you can keep this baby possibly. and you are already raising 4 others, you claim BC doesnt "work" for you, girl, you need to do something else...tubal ligation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009