Baby in breech position-is she okay??

Hi I posted a question about this a couple of weeks ago but have done some internet research and am concerned. I keep reading that babies in the breech position don't turn due to a neurological disorder that has been with the baby since development. Has anyone delivered a healthy breech baby? I found this out at a 3D ultrasound and told my doctor yesterday and she didn't say anything other than if she doesn't turn by 36 weeks then we think about C-Section. After I left I started thinking I should have asked more questions about what her position meant..
I don't understand what kind of neurological disorders can form and haven't been able to find any. All of my tests have come back in top shape except this...would this have been detected by any of them?

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never hear that. It is very common for a baby to be in a breech position and very common to deliver by C Section if the little one doesn't turn. I'm sure all is well...baby's can turn at the last minute so keep your fingers crossed!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Stay away from reasearching the interent for causes of breech, it's only gonna make you crazy. Lots of my friends were breech babies and they are just fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Breech happens, and breech babies can be delivered vaginally, and safely.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:23 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• from my under standing all babies are breech till about the last 2months or so and then they turn them self's around i wouldn't worry too much about this my first daughter was like that till about 34 weeks and with my second she is the same way as of 23 weeks along not sure if she has moved her self yet i am 29 weeks along so we will see if she moves her self soon i know of a few people who did not know the baby was breech and they delivered them just that way and they baby was just fine
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My fourth was breach till the last min. Then flipped. At 32 weeks I had an u/s because the doc suspected breach .. she was, at 36 she was transverse (side ways) by 39 she was head down. My dr told me when we found out she was breach that it would be fine to deliver w/o a section and all should be fine she had done it several times before. She never said anything about a neuro problem and my daughter doesn't have neuro problems. A friend delivered breach her kid is fine. It is probably just something that happens to some kids who are breach not all.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• A couple things. Breech babies can be born vaginally. Breech is simply a *variation* of normal. Don't schedule a section, wait until you go into labor. She may turn in 3wks or she may turn when you go into labor. There are a lot of things you can do to turn a breech baby, check out these:

Turning a Breech Baby pt 1
    Turning a Breech Baby pt 2

Spinning Babies - great for turning breech and optimal fetal positioning

cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 11:30 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I always thought the baby had until you went into labor to turn! Just up until its time to have the baby. I know they can try to turn the baby. But i've heard its a little painful. Good Luck.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My SIL had two breech babies. Both transverse breech, so she did absolutely need a c-section. Although the second, they could have waited until she went into labor, just in case the baby turned. (The first was still transverse breech, and she was 9 cm, so not much chance of turning any more there). But both those girls are totally normal. I wouldn't worry. Breech is normal, just not as nice or as easy as vertex.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Breech is just a variation of normal and breech babies can be born vaginally (transverse babies can not). There is no need to schedule a c-section at all, it is always better to wait for labor and take it from there.
    A close friend of mine gave birth to two frank breech babies (not twins) without complications. I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby has been breech but i plan on giving natural birth to him/her.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my boss' dd was breach, had the baby manually turned before delivery, guess that procedure was tramatic for my boss but baby was fine, no neurological issues with the kid, the kid is now in first grade, she is doing great!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009