Dating?

I am having a hard time understanding the concept of letting your kid date.
I saw a post in another group about people letting their middle schoolers date. What is the purpose?
I was raised that dating was meant for finding a life partner. To find the one person you want to spend your life with. Can a 14 year old really find that? And if they do find "the one" and want to get married, most people are outraged! A CHILD cannot get married! But you let your child go out and act like an adult, have emotions like an adult, have SEX like an adult, but they are not adult enough to know what they want to do in their life?
Why let your child out to be used, to give a part of themselves away to someone that is not long term?
Can someone explain the logic of dating to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• ?? My daughter is 4 an as of now she is told she may have a "Friend' that is a boy an when it comes time that school age girls want to "Date' It will Not be allowed in Our Home. we are Teaching her that you date when your old enought to look for a life partner one you spend a lifetime with. It is not ok to allow your child to be used or to think this is ok, Im glad to see there are people who believe in protecting thier child. I wish there was something to change the way an things teens are doing or what they believe to be right. It used to be that abstnence was all schools would promote, and now its safe sex. why cant it be More to prmote abstance which is the right thing, NOT SEX WITH A CONDOM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Sorry, I didnt have a reason for any logic in teens dating :/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yeah personally i dont think a kid should be able to date until they have their own car. i dont want to have to take them around. theres no use. i mean if they want to "hang out" after school and walk to that persons house thats fine but i wouldnt be taking them to the movies or the mall that young. they can wait til they are 16
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• OMG Thats a JOKE, Right?26
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Anon 11:28:
    No, not a joke. I am just trying to understand why people think its ok. Trying to see hoe people justify letting their child casually date, yet condem young marriages. Why is it ok for a child to be adult enough to have sex, and possible become a parent, but its outrageous for them to get married at that age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Ilovenoah26:
    Why would you let your kids date? What if they find "the one" at age 16 and want to get married, would you let them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son and future kids can date when they are 16 and not a day before. They can get married when it is legal- at 18. But I will encourage them to wait til college is finished.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• no dating for my kids in this house until they can act like an adult, teenagers are stupid they do not know what love is. they date one person for a week and then they get in a fight or that person is not cool anymore so they date someone else, that is not love it call infatuation. there is a difference my kids are still really young, but they will not date until they are 18 or older. dating is wrong and i have seen and felt the repercussions of it and it has changed me into who i am and not all of it is good.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with at 13
    Amber-Leigh

Answer by Amber-Leigh at 12:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i found the person i married at 15...but in NO way was i ready for everything that happened to us. we were put in very serious adult situations, that we dealt with the best we knew how, but in reality were not reay for. that being said, i agree that dating should be to find you ONE person you will marry when you're older and more mature.
    Anonymous