how often does your unborn baby get the hiccups?

my son gets the hiccups like 2 times a day i was just wondering how often yours does. the dr said it was normal i was just there on sunday and the cord isnt around his neck either they did an u/s. ive heard myths about they get the hiccups when the cord is around their neck and its not true.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son gets them at least once a day. Sometimes he hiccups for an hour or more. At first it bothered me but now I just think of it as hes telling me hes okay. =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yup - I'd say at least once a day.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son had them constantly. Especially when I was trying to sleep. Somebody told me it happens because the baby is practicing breathing motions. Don't know if that is true or not. As far as I know it's not dangerous. My son always had them and never had a problem with the cord being around his neck.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my oldest had them up to 5 times a day
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my son had then all the time. I'd say at least 3 times a day. At first I didnt know what they were. But i was at L&D when i was about 7 months because i hadnt felt my son move in a couple of days (of course he went to town kicking when i was on the monitors lol) but i heard something strange and felt something strange and the nurse told me "wow honey that baby has hiccups" . But my son never had the cord around his neck. So I think thats just a myth!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well my first whose cord was wrapped 3 times NEVER had the hiccups and my second whose cord WAS NOT wrapped had them 3-4 times a day. I never heard the cord thing with hiccups.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 2-3 times a day.... I get the hiccups all the time too, so maybe she got it from me...
    my_11_stars

Answer by my_11_stars at 1:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My little one got them constantly during my 8month of pregnancy. Now that I'm 9 months he doesn't get them that much. I was told to drink lots of water and sometimes juice to help him get rid of the hiccups. I felt so helpless when he first started getting them.
    sweetchick82

Answer by sweetchick82 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my first got them everyday once a day like a 11:00
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009