tell the truth

i asked a question on here the other day about a work from home opp and i got some good answers, but i would really like to know which ones are good answers and which ones of you are totally trying to get a buck just for signing someone up, i need something reliable. i dont mind working hard but no scams.....

itainteasy25

Asked by itainteasy25 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• I ahve my own business. It is REALLY hard work and you don't need to sign up, lol. I started out making diapers for my daughter, then sold on craigslist. From there, I went to diaper swappers, etsy, and added more products along the way. Now I have a full line with diapers, clothes, mama pads, slings and baby carriers, nursing pads, and I will custom make anything that can be sewn, crocheted, knitted, or crafted in any way. It wasn't easy, but if you put your mind to it, you can turn your hobby (or a skill you learn like jewelery making, scrapbooking, crafting, pottery, etc) into a business that you enjoy! PM me if youd like more info on starting your own business.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have a website where I post my experiences with "Make Money Online" websites, and I post how much I made with each one. CLICK HERE

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I post a lot about ChaCha! because I love it. They just closed hiring again yesterday though :( You can check out my journal post there is a lot of information about ChaCha! there. Leave a reply to my journal entry and I can let you know as soon as they are hiring again :)
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 12:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They are all scams. Anyone who tells you differently is trying to get a referral.

Anonymous

• Anon, they are not all scams. I work as an online community moderator and tutor. Both are legit and cost me nothing to start. Finding a legit home-based position is just like finding one offline. You have to have the experience and educational background the employer is looking for.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 1:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You can find legit work but 99 percent of the business presented on Cafemom are scams are about referrals so the companies can get as many names to sell as possible.
    Anonymous

• What is it that you are looking for?

I am a Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. It is not a scam because I have been with the company for 15 years and our company just celebrated the 45th anniversary. With any direct sells, you probably get a commission when you start with them. However, the goal is to help you succeed with your business so YOU can make money.

There is a $100 REBATE this month for New Consultants that you can qualify for. If you want more info, feel free to PM me. Visit my website for a virtual makeover www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 11:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• With today's economy and seeming disregard for integrity, I looked very carefully for a group that had been around for years, had great reasons to protect the integrity of the company, and stood by their company. It is hard to know what is a scam and what is not, but when you are asking for input, look at longevity, their Better Business Bureau rating, other awards or recognition, and if the company is asking you to do something you know you can believe in. One other caution would be to discuss with the person who is sharing with you about how their opportunity has changed in the last year. I work with a company that has continued to grow and thrive in spite of the economic changes, and they are offering extra bonuses during these tough months to give families opportunities to stay above water. www.HealthyHome4All.com
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 5:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You may be interested in this information. It doesn't cost anything and is beneficial to many students

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

where YOU can earn $$ free :)  cool March contest going on now, get involved

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 9:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2009