Do you really think octo-mom's babies should be taken away?

I believe the same rules that CPS has for everyone should apply to her also. So, if they don't have adequate care, room, or anything else they need then yes I suppose CPS should remove them, BUT I don't think they should be separated. I have heard so many people on here say that they should be taken away and given to parents that desparately want a baby, but do you really think they should be separated from eachother? I think that would be cruel to the babies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't agree that they should be seperated, but the should be taken away from her. Read my blog about her, It's my newest one. Shes a LOON!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They should absolutely be taken away. Now the crazy b--ch turned down a house and free child care because they didn't want her to do a reality show. She deserves what she gets and I'm sure she'll get what she deserves in the end.
    Anonymous

• As a foster parent myself, I've got to tell you that if we got a phone call to take in EIGHT babies, I would probably laugh myself into insanity. I cannot imagine anyone being able to take in all eight children. I don't agree they should be separated permanently, but a more realistic approach would be to put them into three or four homes and get them together regularly, weekly or bi-weekly, with visitations. All the foster parents I know would be willing to take in 1-2 at a time, and would be more than willing to keep up the visitations so the babies can be together.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm mixed, though my children are separated from each other due to divorce / custody and they are heart broken and hurt, but not because the are seperated per-say, but because they don't see eachother hardly at all. (parental alienation...) If they are seperated, there should be stipulations that mandate contact with each other. If the Mom can't provide, and her selfish, irresponsible actions cause the chilren any harm, she should not have them. I was living at a battered womens shelter and my children were taken from me, placed in the care of the abuser all because they considered me homeless.....(I did get them back, but thats a long story) so what applied to me should apply to everyone as well. I was proven to be a "more than fit parent". I am a bit bias on this subject.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well CPS is supposedly already looking into this because of the issue 14 children itself. It has been reported that CPS was contacted within this past year that the 6 Nayda already had they were not clean or being fed properly and the CPS did NOTHING about it. The cops have been to Nayda's home 8 seperate times in the past year 2 times in which Nayda herself called. Neighbors have voiced there concern OVER AND OVER again. The CPS did nothing either. So what makes you honestly believe they will step in now ...oh because she is in the media every damn minute. I just think everyone assumes the CPS is doing there job...when they are not. Those children deserve the best out of life...all 14 of them. I pray they get that. Not torn apart and put in different foster homest. Sorry the "foster homes" around where I am from are not exactly the best place for a child. So they might not even be better off going to a foster home.
    Anonymous

• If she's shown to be neglectful or unable to provide adequate care, then yes.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes. May Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will adopt them.lol
    Anonymous

• If she is not caring for them properly, then yes, the children should be removed. She should abide by the same laws as everyone else.
    If they remove the octuplets, I very highly doubt that they could find a suitable home to take all 8 at once. I believe the best option would be to split them up, but at least keep them in twos, so they are not COMPLETELY alone, KWIM?
    But then again, the foster care system in our country is pretty sh*tty (in general), so who's to say that it would be better?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Did anyone watch Judge Judy on Ellen this morning? Of course Judge Judy had an opinion LOL! She just said she should be "closely monitored". I agree.
    Anonymous

• I am not qualified to determine another person's parenting abilities.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009