Steel apologizes to Limbaugh. What do you think about this?

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

This is the great hope of the Republican Party? Too much of a wuss to stand behind his own words. So far, the rising stars of the Rep Party...Jindal, steele and Palin are not impressing me.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/republican_chief_michael_steel.html

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Michael Steele must resign, the sooner the better!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would have rather have him stand behind his own words than backpeddle and try and keep Rush happy.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If I have to take my pick between Jindal, Steele, and Palin...or Obama, Reid, and Pelosi...

I'll go with Jindal, Steele and Palin. I don't really think our current Democratic leaders are giving us much reason for "hope" lately. Unless you're hoping for higher taxes and wasteful spending, that is.
    Anonymous

• Steele should have stood by his comments by not doing so, I think he looks pretty cowardly.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Well I was happy when Steele got elected as RNC chairman.Like i've said before I do not believe his intent was to try and shut Rush up.However what Rush said at the CPAC as far as what conservatives are about was right on imo.

I'm watching Steele as i'm sure many others are as well
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Rush won't comment on Steele or his apology.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Nice deflection anon 9:22. When all else fails and you are unable to defend your own party, change the subject and attack the other side. Isn't that what Reps bitch about Dems doing all the time? I don't care what you think of the Dems, I am asking what you think about Steele apologizing.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• (2) I agree Jindal was not impressive the other day and Palin left much to be desired, however do not get too eager it's very early. The Republican party was run amok by many who wanted power when everyone seemed to have it. I have no problem with Steele doing what he did and saying what he said either time, it is afterall politics. I have no problem with whatever Limbaugh says, I quit listening to him when he got busted for drugs but his speech the other day was awesome and right on.
    Eric Cantor and John Thune are my guys and even Dem.Minnick of ID aint too shabby. But still, the one you have to watch is Romney. Past history is your greatest indicator of future history and he was the runner up to McCain for the nod, so that naturally throws him in the postition for the nod in 2012 and I don't believe he can beat Obama. Jindal is too young and Palin is too normal.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Don't get me wrong my Republican friends, I in no way wish Obama to win in 2012, I'm just saying Romney will more than likely get the nod as that is how it has went the last 4 GOP nods when an incumbent was not there, and Obama is all about campaigning. Just because he got elected and campaigned correctly that didn't make him a good President, he just did what he needed to do correctly to land the job. I would rather have Romney than Obama, but Romney can't campaign like Obama did and the mormon issue will come up again and again and again.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He apologized for something I see nothing wrong with that. Takes courage to admit a mistake.
    Anonymous