Bad breath? with an 11 month old who is teething... Why??

What causes bad breath with an 11 month old
The doctor say maybe: cold, teething or rather she was unsure totally with it. I have researched & some answers were passing more gas than normal (but this doen't apply) and the other was heart burn (but that doesnt apply either) so what could it possibly be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Try brushing baby's teeth, gums, and tongue more often. bacteria from toys, crawling on the floor, food, breastmilk/formula can accumulate in the mouth. Decay on the teeth can also cause bad breath. May want to take baby to a dentist to see how any teeth are holding up. Those are the only ideas I have aside from colds/infections.
    Anonymous

• Whenever my daughter has bad breath, it is because she is congested. Or, she's eaten something that causes bad breath (her veggie burgers would do it).
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009