Do you have a person in your life that you have trouble being around..

...having compassion for, being able to tolerate and show them love?

Who is it, and what could you do to improve our relationship with them

/

- FOr me, its my sister. We used to be so close. She is only 2 years younger than me. Single mom, living the party life, no job, no school. Ive always been one to worry. I just see all the mistakes i did, maybe not to her extreme.It drives me crazy that she is wasting her life that way.

So ive focused on keeping my opinions to myself, as she clearly already knows how i feel. Eventually, i want to have that close relationship with her again, but for now, im going to work on this.

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• A person at work. I feel that she bears a grudge against me and doesn't like me. So I feel uncomfortable around her. I am as pleasant as I can be towards her, but it isn't working. It is sad.

Answer by Bmat at 12:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Hmm..well all you could do keep being pleasant. Obviously shew has some personal issues within herself that she needs to come to peace with or work out.
    Thats happened to me at work ,and it can be so uncomfortable. Try to let the pressure or tension go on your part, and hopefully she'll come around ,and maybe talk it out. Or she might not, but that doesnt mean you have to carry that weight on you at work everytime your around her.
    Best wishes on that !
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I know it's cliche but my mother in law and sister in law. I wish they could just be real, it seems to me like being fake requires more energy than just being genuine. I try but I think my only option is just to lay low.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have a few trust issues with my sisters. Somethings that should be between sisters gets passed along to people that are not part of my life anymore. Then this person makes appoint to let me know he knows. I hate it, but I hate accusing my family of wrong doing. I know they are the only ones who knew so they had to have told him. The him is my ex-husband and the story is that me and my current husband had a rough patch and somehow my ex found out all the details. The only ones that ever see him are my mom and sister ( he works where they shop), my mom didn't know about our problems. We are fine now, the problems were at the start of our marriage. We have now been married for 2 years and life is great. Except when you find out your family has betrayed your trust!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Jenay, i totally get you! even though its common and expected to have problems with in-laws it shouldnt be that way..
    ive learned to just stay away and leave b.s at the door..lol..
    5 years later, they now im not all about the drama...just trying to live a good life..laying low is good! lol
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• mine is the girl friend and sister of my husbands best friend. the girl friend is just a money wasting bitch who flies off the handle any time things do not go her way. the sister is a whore who neglects her children to go out and sleep with strangers and do drugs. I HATE bad mothers. I know it sounds horrible, but i can over look bad fathers as long as they are not around their children. bad mothers however are different. if you did not want to be a parent you should have given the child to someone who did or taken care of it before they were born.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• sidwif,
    ive had my share of betrayal..and i dont think i'll ever see the end of it. (You wouldnt imagine what ive been through with my familly if i mentioned it) ..But what i got out of it is, there will always be betrayal, gossip, let downs from family and friends...the best thing to get through it for me was to acknowledge it, let them know you know , and leave it at that..
    And hope they change..because even minor things like gossip can hurt so bad..you trust someone who is supposed to be there , and they hurt you. AND you still have to see them everyday ..ya know?.best thing you can do, is forgive her and forget..because tomorrow isnt promised to anyone. hope you get passed it >aMber
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• vbongard. agree in a sense...i think thats what get sme sooo mad ...she knows what ive beenthrough and how it was for me ..why would she want to make the same mistakes..- no, worse mistakes...i was young, but i wasnt that bad..She is an adult acting like a out of cotrol high school girl..hanging out with hghs chool kids.. i could go on...but i really missmy sister, and im not giving up on er..even if it means biting the bullet and giving her time and room to grow and hopefully mature.. but i get you..it can get iritating..expecially when we are going through thesame things, and we arent being givien any slack..
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My mom, I have no idea how to make our reatonship better. She gets on my last nerve and is always critizising me, belittleing me, under minding my authority with my kids, talking junk behind my back to my husband, lieing that she comes over my house to "help" me. She's constantly talkign to mediums and she swears they are her best friend like she talks to one every single say (she's actually out of the country right now vactioning in this ladies home), she lies to them about me and then comes to me with their "advice" on some issue I'm not even having. She lies to EVERYONE then she tries to mke us lie for her. ie; she told my fam that when my FIL died he left us his house, we sold it and now we're holding onto the $ to buy a new house. My FIL rented!!! Thn we see fam. who by the way all sell houses for a living for 25 plus yrs, they ask when we'll be buying a house and we just look @ them like "now what do we say".
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• One of my uncles, I thought I could trust him but he smiles to your face and goes behind your back and speads rumors and talks crap, it drives me nuts how he could say one thing to me and another to someone else.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009