I have a 2 year old little boy that is constantly telling me NO! I know it comes with the age, but every word that come out of his mouth seems to be NO! I'm going nuts , what is the best way to steer him away from this?

ColtensMom2006

Asked by ColtensMom2006 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I turned it around and would either answer with yes or why. we would go rounds much like the am not am too battle, but i would never raise my voice. after about a month of this my 2yo has started actually answering my questions of why which has lead to some pretty interesting talks and stories. she does still do the no thing on occassion but nothing like she used too.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Easier said than done but ignore him. When he tells you know either continue talking about the topic or distract him with a new topic.
    JandAddysMom

Answer by JandAddysMom at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have this same problem... it's driving me NUTS! lol. I'm def. going to keep my eye on this one... hopefully someone gives ya something good so I can use it too!
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009