Sex Offender Spin Off...

Would you be willing to pay a small extra tax if it were to be used for private housing compounds (gated communities) for sex ofenders that have been relieced from prison? Living communities would be manditory part of their parole and monitored 24/7. Counceling center visits and therapy would also be manditory.

Paroles would have to pay rent and utilities as they usually would be the extra security, therapy and additional "saftey precautions" would be paid for by a small extra tax.

Give thoughts please... What would you add? Or remove in order for you to be willing to put up an extra 1-2%??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd pay 1-2% extra taxes for them to never ever be released from prison in the first place.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, I would. In the end it would be added protection and safety, but would that just be like prison for them?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would, I don't want them near my kids!!!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 12:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• HELL NO!  But I wouldn't mind paying the electricity bill when they flip the switch and fry their asses.

Anonymous

• geez nothin like freedom we live in america ppl. i mean id be worried if they lived in my neighborhood being worried about my son playin outside and possibly getting kidnapped or molested ergh it creeps me out. my mom was raped by her step dad at 14 and got pregnant hes a sicko and so is my uncle. thank god my mom doesnt talk to ne of her family i wouldnt let them near my kid.
    Anonymous

• You read my mind. I was posting last night giving my thoughts about why I would not want a sex offender to live in my neighborhood. Anyway, I was thinking about this today. I realize that they need to live somewhere and I would pay extra to have them live in a gated community somewhere so they can't hurt someone again.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 12:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They gave up their freedom when they committed their crime.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 12:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I don't know... nothing is a guanentee that it would work ...
    paying the extra taxes would not be the issue I think... I think it would be the fact "If there is a will, there is a way" that these sex offenders will find a way around the security...and who's to stop them then...
    For what it's worth it's a good idea giving these people a chance to better their lives without harming another, but  would it work is another question ...
    I honestly can not give an yes or no answer...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm not saying don't let them out. Because it would just be a place for them to live. But they would have to drive through a gaurded gate to get in and out. They would be checked in on if they were out for more than 48 hours w/o notice and they would all be in one place if for some reason the police need to find someone.

It wouldn't be a prison. Just an added security houseing complex. Like they put addicts in after rehab but before they come home...

It would keep them off the street and make it much harder for them to reoffend while still allowing them the "freedom" they are promised after being let out of prison. And makeing the rest of us safer in the process.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am so glad God is the God of mercy and grace and full of love. Yes sex offenders made wrong choices however if they are willing to change and DO change. I wouldn't want to condemn them forever like you guys want to. I would love to see a place, a facility where they could go to get freedom from their bondage and a place to live during that time until they get back on their feet and enter back into the world.
    Hatred and Bitterness is a disease when held on to within... it destroys everything inside of you. I have no hatred for sex offenders , I do have hatred for the sin. There is a huge difference. I have love and compassion for those lost in their sin. Not all want to let it go and that makes me sad. Those that choose to be free... I truly rejoice in their freedom.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009