Sam's or Costco?

Does anyone know the differences? Which one would be more worth it? I have a family of 6, and I''m trying to keep food/ household items costs down.

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 12:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i like costco personally i think their prices are better and their membership is cheaper i think.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Costco's membership is actually more expensive. But to me their prices are better. And I like that they aren't apart of the Walmart giants. I like their service a WHOLE lot better too. They actually open up lanes for you if the line is long!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• FYI...you can get a day membership to both and compare them yourself. Look at the items you usually buy for YOUR family and see whats best. Go during the week for less crowds but on the weekend for free samples.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I like Costco better, I belong to both of them though.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 1:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Do either one take coupons?
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I say costco
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We do not have Costco here. I wish we did. I too am not a fan of the "WalFart" Giants. We belong to Sam's and use it some, but I try to avoid it for the most part.
    PatCarMom

Answer by PatCarMom at 2:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• UMM HELLO>> NEITHER>> BJS IS CHEAPER AND BETTER!!
    Anonymous

• There is only a Sam's in my area and you have to watch the prices as some are not such a deal. It is well worth it for items that you use a lot. I tend to get snack items there. A membership is about $42 a year at Sam's. Usually pays for itself in 1 or 2 trips.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I Like Costco better myself. I know some people that have (and can afford) both memberships. Sams has some things Costco doesn't and vice versa. Over all though I have found personally that Costco carries more things I need and use than Sams does.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009