Am I the only one that does not give my toddler chicken nuggets for lunch?

i was reading an article recently about toddler's diets and a childs menu was given as an example to see if they got the necessary nutrients and food groups. the toddler had chicken nuggets, the frozen ones from the grocery store, almost everyday. i feel like i am the only one that does NOT give my toddler that kind of processed food. she has chicken nuggets only if we have fast food.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 12:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that is the only time mine has them too other than that I would make them for her at home before i bought frozed crap
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine gets whatever the day care gives her. So I'd guess she gets processed foods but not chicken nuggets every day. She gets pastas, pizza, chicken pot pie, etc. At home I keep the gerber meals on had so if she can't have what I'm having, she's still got something healthy. Last night we had a ham steak and fruit. yummy.
    Anonymous

• I have Tyson chicken nuggets in the freezer on a regular basis. My son eats them maybe for two meals a week. I think moderation is the key. The rest of the time, he eats very little processed food.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I believe everything is fine in moderation. My DD picks her lunch, so it's always something different. Then again some weeks she always wants the same thing. She'll live.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My 3 year old has chicken nuggets often,one of the only things he will eat.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I've never given them to my daughter... o.o
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I make almost everything homemade for my DD, although she has had chicken nuggets once because we were snowed in and i hadnt been to the grocery store in forever
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Mine get them once in a while.

"Everything in moderation" is the key....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I feed our children whatever we are having. If I'm making myself a salad for lunch, then my children (when they were even toddlers) would get a salad for lunch. We do serve a few things that are processed (they had pizza rolls for lunch today) here and there, but most of the times it is fresh.
    cmy3kids

Answer by cmy3kids at 1:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• we don't ever buy them....
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 1:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009