Wal-Mart Vs. Cosco?

What is the diffrence between Cosco & Wal-Mart?
The nearest Cosco is 45min away so i go to Wal-Mart, but they seem to be the same place except I never hear anyone bash Cosco like they do Wal-Mart.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Shopping

• If you shop at cosco you have to (generally) buy in bulk. You definitely don't want to shop there unless you have a LOT of storage space for your groceries... You can't go to costco and get (for instance) a can of tomato soup, a box of kleenex, 1 box of cereal....it's all bulk. Definitely great if you have the room and go through a lot of food, otherwise I'd stick to Walmart.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Costco is a warehouse store, very much like Sam's Club. You have to have a membership to shop there.
    Anonymous

• Sam's Club Wal-Mart and Lowes are all part of the same company. Wal-Mart gets bashed because of several law suits against them for unfairly treating their employees: women get lower pay, poor treatment of seniors, threats against people wanting to start a union. Wal-Mart has driven down prices so much that smaller companies and family owned businesses cannot compete and go out of business. Wal-Mart has also driven down prices internationally as to encourage issues with places like China using cheaper ingredients in say dog food or children's toy paint. Since I do not support these practices by Wal-Mart, I do not shop there and do not give them my money. Any "buy American" types should not shop at Wal-Mart since they send most of your money to China to make cheaper crap. Costco is also non-union, but known for treating their employees well so no one make an issue

Spend $ at a company that supports your morals!!
    Anonymous

• Costco has much better quality of products. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Ahh ok thanks for the explanation, I didnt know Cosco was a bulk store like sams :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009