CAMERA ISSUE

Im trying to find a new camera.....I have two picked out. The only diffrence is on is a DIGITAL and the other is an OPTICAL.

NOW what is the diffrence between the optical and digital...

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 1:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The zoom
    one you push a button to zoom in and out and the optical you turn the lens. Personally i prefer optical cause it is quicker easier and more precise
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• here is a link helping you to decide what is best for you :) http://www.photoxels.com/article-optical-digital-zoom.html
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It depends on whether it is referring to the viewfinder/LCD or the zoom. Digital zoom sacrifices clarity for more zoom. Optical zoom is true zoom and there is no sacrifice in image quality. Never go with digital zoom.

As far as the viewfinder, and optical viewfinder is the small glass square you look through to compose a shot. Most digital point and shoot cameras no longer have an optical viewfinder instead using the lcd with live view to frame the shot.

Send me a pm with the names of the cameras you are looking at. I will check them out for you. Also send me a list of what you plan to use the camera for, how much you want to spend and any preferences you know that you have and I will help you pick out the perfect camera for you. I don't mind at all. I do it all the time.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• they normally will have both. optical is how far the lens will go. after you reach the stopping point of optical it will go to digital, which you can get closer to the picture. But sometimes with the digital the further you get passed the optical it will sometimes look blurry.
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009