To become pregnant as young child do you neccessarily have to have a period?

I remember my cousin started her period at 10 and I remember her dad telling her you know you can become pregnant you know. I don't know if that was a warning or an advice. Me and my cousin were and still are good girls. I thought that was strange.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• you have to have a period i do believe
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• A period is the body's response to a lack of the egg implanting in the walls of the uterus. So in order to bleed, the body needs to know the egg that has come down the tubes wasn't fertilized. First the egg, then implantation or not, then period or pregnancy. That's the series the body goes through month after month.

Once a period has started, ovulation has also begun and pregnancy can occur regardless of the age of the girl.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No you don't have to "have" your period yet. Your body could be getting ready to start any you don't know it. So you Can get pregnant before you see your first perion......ask my mom....lol
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 1:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• if the girl has had sex before her first period then it is possible to get pregnant before having her period. In order to GET her period she has to ovulate, and could get pregnant the first time she ovulates
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009