amniotic fluid?!

I was wondering what exactly means 15.3 amniotic fluid?! im 28 weeks pregnant and I overhead 2 doctors talk about my fluid. is there a chart online I could check?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 1:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about a chart, google it. But I think if there was anything wrong (low fluid) they would have let you know, because you would probably end up being induced..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Google AFI or Amniotic Fluid Index. 15.3 is good. Just keep in mind (esp. toward the end of pregnancy) they will try to get you to induce due to low fluid....the ACOG says anything over 5 is fine, but many hospitals will give you the 8-10 speech and give you all kinds of reasons why that's *bad* - they are trying to cover their liability, though...even their counsels say 5 is fine!! A good friend of mine got bullied into an induction unnecessarily for this and ended up with a c-section.
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• wow thats crazy! i have a great doctor and trust him completely. i dont think he would try to induce me early actually he is trying everything he can to keep baby in my tummy (i had early contractions about 2 weeks ago) but i was just curious what the standard amount of fluid is. thanks ladies
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 7:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009