Any home remedies for oral thrush (yeast infection)?

I had an emergency appendectomy on Feb. 27th. They prescribed antibiotics (as they did after my last stomach surgery), and now (just like last surgery) I have oral thrush. Last time they gave me a prescription of stuff to rinse with, but it's snowing today, and I'm 45 -60 minutes away from town for a pharmacy, so I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have a home remedy that I can use to hold me until I get to town next week. Thanks in advance! BTW, usually thrush is seen in breastfeeding babies.

ashmountainhawk

Asked by ashmountainhawk at 1:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• Do you have any mouth wash?
    Anonymous

• According to the book Prescription for Nutritional Healing, you have a yeast infection of the mouth and need to treat it like any other yeast infection.
    They suggest eating yogurt and soured products (sour cream, buttermilk, acidophilus) and to use Garlic (Kyolic) capsules and Vitamin C.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Just started yogurt this morning when I saw my tongue tho' buttermilk and sour cream sound better because there's no sugar like vanilla yogurt. Thanks so much! I'm just about to check my homeopathic remedy book too.
    ashmountainhawk

Answer by ashmountainhawk at 1:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009