Release an egg every month?

My dd is tryin to get pregnant, she has one little girl and working on their 2nd but has only really tried 2months now.She said that she heard we do not ovulate every month.I have had 4 kids and never heard that.Does anyone know anything about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well I believe you do inless you have PCOS.
    Anonymous

• It's true that not everyone ovulates every month. Ovulation can be affected by stress, illness or disruption of normal routines. Also Ovulation can occur even if a menstrual period has not occurred, so some may think because they didn't have a period, that they didn't ovulate when actually they may have.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• most healthy people ovulate every month, but there is health problems including getting the flu or a cold, and even stress that can cause a women to skip a month.
    Anonymous

• i thought everyone who didnt have complications had an egg every month, maybe i was wrong?? i thought like the op.........
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I don't ovulate every month but I have PCOS.
    Anonymous

• Even the most regular of women can have an anovulatory cycle once in a while. In the 3+ years that I've been charting, I've only had one, so it's not very common, but it does happen. If it's common for a particular woman to have anovulatory cycles, then there's probably something wrong, like PCOS, and she should have a doctor check it out. But in general, that is true, though it shouldn't happen often enough to make much of a difference.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009