Topamax and smoking? Anyone else have this side effect?

I just started Topamax a little over a week ago and I just feel less and less like smoking. Which i'm really excited about because I had quit for over a year and had started up a couple months ago again. I meant to ask my pcp for another rx for Chantix at the time she prescribed my Topamax for headaches but it slipped my mind. And to my surprise, the topamax seems to be having the same effect/feeling that i had when I took Chantix. Which I wasn't expecting but am pleased about. Anyone else?

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 1:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• I used to take topamax for epilepsy/headaches. It is also used for weight loss because it has a weight lose/ lose of appetite affect. ..Maybe that could be causing your feeling of not wanting to smoke so much. Its just a guess though...ask ur doctor or pharmacist
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2009