Are you a young family who is finacially stable and proud of it?

I am 21, my husband is 25. We have 2 year old son. My husband makes around 30-35 thousand a year depending on bonues. I am a sahm. We are not in debt at all. Not one cent. We also own our house, 3 trucks, 2 four wheelers, camper and jetski. Nothing we have is new and a lot of it we traded and bargained for. But we own every bit of it and have no payments. A lot of ppl assume that b/c me and my husband are young that we're dumb and don't have anything and I'm sick of the assumptions about young couples. So my question is...Are you young, faniancially stable and sick of the sterotypes?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 1:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• haha i know what u mean im 19 and hubbys 20 and were in the same situation. he makes around 40,000. we dont brag but it bothers me alot when people say ughhh there so young there probably on welfare and taking my tax money ... dumb kids. lol it just makes me feel good inside that all. no braging
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Why wouldn't you be proud of being financially stable?

Anonymous

• Well, good for you. I was certainly more financial stable at 21 than I am now. Not because of stupied choices, but because of life. I am glad you and your husband have good financial habits and are doing well. Those skills will come in handy when you face challenges in your future.

Please keep in mind that just because people are NOT financial stable, doesn't mean you should judge them as "bad with money and stupid". You just don't know what road people have traveled to get to where they are. No judgement goes both ways.
    Anonymous

• I'm 42 and not in debt. The house is paid and all the cars. We have one two year old son and I stay home with him. We deliberately chose to be careful with debt and don't have the latest and greatest. We save for the big stuff. We aren't stingy, just careful with money.

I love Dave Ramsey's advice and recommend his website for anyone trying to get out of debt and become truly independent.

Good for you and your hubby that you didn't follow the crowd. I think you're pretty smart.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes!!!! my hubby runs a successful buisness, and i'm a stay at home mom (for now) our son was borm 2 month ago, we live in a nice apartment have a car and we go on vocations every now and then. and for some reason people seems to think that i am misserable cuz im stuck at home and we broke cuz my hubby works long hours. and the reason we had a baby just cuz i got pregnant:)
    Oh yea i forgot to mention im 22 and all my friend are still single and party animals...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm not really young. I'm 28 but we've only been married for 4 years and we have two kids, 2 and 1, own a house and a car. We're financially stable but didn't start that way. I'm proud that in such a short time we've become stable. Be proud of being stable! Especially in today's economy you'll find a lot of people who are jealous because they wish they were in your shoes. YOU GO GIRL!
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 1:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, yes I am =] I hate those assumptions as well. I am 19 and he is 21, we live in a nice place and have a lot of the finer things in life and we don't need anyone's help.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes iam. My husband is 29 and makes almost 80 thousand adn i makes give or take maybe 65 thousand a year and we are nowhere near being in debt. We own rental properties, 2 truck, 3cars and a house in MD and in Mexico. People stereotype us all the time. People make alot of false Allegations about us because we are young, black and stable. So understand were u are coming from 110%. I wish people would just be proud of us.
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree! Be proud that you're stable, we're pretty much the same way (24) and we have no debt except our car, but it will be paid off this fall (we've had it one yr) God has provided us with what we have and we want for nothing really, very blessed!! Good job!!
    Anonymous

• When I was 21 I had 2 kids and everything a person could ask for! Life was great back then! After 5 yrs of marriage with the 1st hubby he became abusive. I had to leave and it's been a struggle ever since.
    Enjoy what you have now...life changes and so does everything else....in life, there are no gaurentees
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009