I want a baby

I want another baby, I have a two year old son now but I really want another one, the only problem is that me and my soon to be husband don't have the money, this would be our first baby together and I want to have one soon before my son is alot older. No matter what I do I think about it. Anyone have any advice???

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Life is to short I would go for it.
    Anonymous

• In this scenario, look at babies as another "item" to be added to your home. You don't have the money. If you want the item, you need to make more money. Maybe it's time for another job or a part-time job to bring in more income to afford the "item" you want. Maybe you need to move to a cheaper state so you don't need as much money. (This is what we did so we could afford a baby.)

Some people think a baby isn't something to be planned for and if you want it now, go for it. I think it's common sense to treat the addition as another expense that you need to have the money for.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• money is a big isssue these days, i would wai till the encomy gets better, you want to give your baby the best, wait till the time is right, maybe i would start saving
    Anonymous

• i agree timeglass, your baby needs the best, get another job, and start to save, its not fair for the kids. there are so many ppl having kids now without money, they need to wait tikll they are more secure
    Anonymous

• Me when i found out i was preg with my DD 2 years ago i didnt have a job or and apt. my hubby and i got jobs got an apartment everything before my DD was born and here we are struggling a little, who doesnt. And right now i am trying to conceve #2. Do what your heart feels and i wish you the best:)
    greeneyemommy

Answer by greeneyemommy at 2:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If everyone waited until they had money before they had kids nobody would have families. Its a child not a piece of furniture. You'll manage. Do what's in your heart, life is short and who knows how long it will take to acually get preg. Then after that you still have almost a year to prepare also.
    Anonymous

• Babies are HUGE EXPENSIVE responsibilities. If you are running low on funds then it might not be the best time for another baby. What does your SO say? Money problems lead to marital issues, marital issues lead to a not so happy home life for your children. Sometimes doing what is best means not doing what you want. And if funds are low, can you handle the medical bills for your pregnancy and delivery.. and doctor appts for your child? You gotta think ahead. Maybe in a couple of months things will look better.
    Anonymous

• babies are not as expencive as everyone says ok i spend about $30 on diapers and $150 formula and $50 on misc. (clothes.toys ect) well now my son is on milk so thats down to about $50 a month instead of$150 and get help if yo need it like wic or foodstamps hell its always rough at the begging hell im a stay at home mom and dh job isint the greatest and i get to go shopping all the time because we used income tax last year to get ahead on bills we are always ahead now peace love and baby dust i also say go for it skrew the snobs who say otherwise only u can make that decision
    Anonymous

• i agree with some of these answer. if people wait till they have had enough money no-one would have a baby. i say that you should go for it... good luck and tons of baby dust for you...
    Anonymous

• I can cut that price waaaay back.....cloth diapers and breastfeed.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009