Low progesterone with pregnancy

I recently found out I am preg. My first HCG was 65, with Prog 19.00. Two days later it was HCG 230 and Prog was 17.70. 4 Days later my HCG was 835, with a Prog level of 19.80. Today on 3/3 I went to the doc and had my 1st u/s and seen the HB and the yolk sac and the baby, is facing the end of the sac... Is that normal??? Plus today the doc drew more blood to test my Prog and it is 11.80. Now I am on two suppositories a day. I have not had bleeding very little cramping, which I hear is normal. I am worried of a miscarriage or other problems. Should I be worried with the Prog level, even if I seen the HB at 4-6 weeks???? Any answers or stories to share would greatly be appreciated.. :)

Prican91181

Asked by Prican91181 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My progesterone dropped to 5 and I started bleeding; I assumed I would miscarry again, but my doctor had me switch from suppositories to shots. I had to keep taking the shots until about 11 1/2 weeks, but my babies were fine. I know it's scarry, but since your docor is watching it closely and you have seen a heartbeat I think your chances for a healthy pregnancy are good. Listen to your doctor and get checked out asap if you do have any bleeding or cramping. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I did IVF and was on Progesterone suppositories and estrogen tablets for 16 weeks to prevent a miscarriage. I now have a 20 month old son.......your doctor is very smart. You are in a very safe place so relax and enjoy being pregnant! I was also 44 when I had my son...enjoy your day.
    Anonymous

• Did you do the shots at home or did you go to the doctor. I hear they are much more effective than the suppositories? Is that true? Do you think it would be to much to ask for the shots, I don't want to jinx anything. I am doing my best and googling everything. It is amazing how many women are def in the same boat. Thank you for the luck..
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I used natural Progesterone cream for the first three months of my pregnancy. I had some spotting early on, but the baby was fine. You're lucky to have a doctor who knows to give you suppositories and the other poster who said about the shots is right.

It took us five years to conceive. I had way high estrogen dominance and didn't know until a year before baby was conceived. I enjoyed reading advice on Dr. John Lee's website. Check it out.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Should I just google Dr. John Lee?
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My husband gave me most of my shots at home, but when I knew he would be out of town I'd stop by the doctor's office and get a nurse to do it. A couple of times I even had my next door neighbor do it for me (it was a little strange asking her, but she did great). The shots are stronger, but you may not need them; I'm sure your doctor will recommend them if the suppositories don't bring your progesterone levels back up pretty quickly.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009