Is there any relief from nausea caused by Chemo after a tubal pregnancy?

A dear loved one is struggling, both physically and mentally with having to endure a chemo treatment after discovering her 6 week pregnancy was tubal. She has vomitted for the past 24 hours and cries, mostly all the time. I really need to know if there is anyone out there who has gone through this and what I can do to help these kids. I love them both dearly, and its tearing me up to see them hurting so much.

jjandjsmomma

Asked by jjandjsmomma at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• Im so sorry your friend is going thru this it is hard to even imagine!!! Its good she has someone like you to be there for her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am very sorry your loved one has cancer plus has had a tubal preg. If possible for you, I'd ask to stay there to help her through this right now and if you can't call frequently leaving voice messages and texts, at least if no answer, of offering help and emotional support. I have not had cancer but when I was pregnant we thought for a couple of months that I had breast cancer. That fright nothing like what your loved one has now made us unable to breathe. I am so sorry for your and your loved ones pain. God's strength to your family.
    Anonymous

• i know some people are gonna say something but my grandfather had lung cancer and felt all that goes with it. he smoked weed, he said it really helped to calm the pain and nausea...i didnt have cancer so i dont know, but he said it worked and he did it. he wasnt into the whole drug scene so it wasnt anything like an excuse to get high, he was very conservative, and was in the army and a firm believer in not using drugs but when it got that bad he did what he had to do. i know smoking goes against the lung cancer but he knew he wasnt going to make it very long he only did the chemo and everything to comfort my grandmother....so....
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately I am several states away, and unable to be there with them. And she doesn't have cancer, she had a tubal pregnancy, and the treatment for it, apparently, was one big dose of chemo. Never heard of doing that before, but did some research online and it is common now. But can't find anything on how to alleviate her nausea and emotional pain. The marijuana is definitely out though - to each his own, but its not for her.
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009