I am pregnant and overweight.. Is my baby still ok if I don't eat 3 meals a day

I am 16 weeks and I dont eat but maybe 1-2 full meals and I dont snack. I drink eh enough water. I take my vitamins and I excersize not to the extream I just walk alot.
Is my baby getting enough..? I am NOT starving my self I just don't eat. Not hungary busy or just plain dont want to.
am I doing wrong should I talk to my dr about this I can not and will not force my self to eat!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• this is not a time to diet, u need to eat YES
    Anonymous

• You need to eat if you are hungry. And you need to eat as healthy as possible. If you are not hungry, then you don't have to eat constantly. A lot of women use it as an excuse to gobble down whatever they think they want. You really should eat small portions more often. Five small meals would be much better than three regular sized ones. You burn off the calories faster between meals.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• What's wrong with loading up on vegetables and fruits? You might as well, since you are trying not to eat. Vegetables and fruits have no or very little fat calories and you can eat as many as you want.
    It's unhealthy not to eat enough and it's unhealthy to eat pure junk..
    Fill up on the stuff grown out of the earth and you will maintain a healthy weight and you can eat ALL you want, which you need and your baby needs.
    So that 1 meal a day or 2 meals a day, you can eat them..but also eat veggies and fruits the rest of the day.
    Anonymous

• NO I AM NOT DIETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM NOT REPEAT NOT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• please talk too your doctor about this it can and will harm your baby if you are not getting enough too eat and all
    Anonymous

• Your doctor has a special diet you can be on if you're very overweight and pregnant. She will determine if you need it. Ask her about it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You should be eating a healthy well balanced diet. Its very hard for our bodies to actually use the vitamins..they can never replace real food.
    Its not so much for the baby but for your own health, the baby will take what it needs from you but if you don't take proper care of yourself you are the one is basically emptying out your bodies reserves.
    The walking is a very good idea!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am also NOT eating junk I eat very healthy just not alot of it.
    Anonymous

• I live by if you aren't hungry then don't eat... No matter whether you're pregnant or not... When you do eat just eat healthy, you should be fine and so will your baby... GL
    Anonymous

• I'm curious as to why you mentioned that you are 'over weight' then..I think you WANT us to think that so you won't get bashed, but really, you are trying to avoid gaining much weight because you are already over weight.
    Anonymous