how can i try to induce my labor besides having sex and walking??

x3danielle

Asked by x3danielle at 2:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly as long as your baby and body are not ready nothing will work and that includes medical induction.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My Dr said eating a lot of hot sauce, as in louisiana hot sauce made me have contractions,lol I don't know if it's true, but I did eat a lot of it when I was pregnant and I did have braxton hicks contractions ALL the way through my pregnancy. Try it, maybe it will send you into labor,lol
    Anonymous

• Someone told me to drive over traintracks. One night we went out shopping, and I said hit every pothole on the way. We also had to drive over one set of tracks. Twenty minutes we were in the grocery store, and I started having contractions. But, I was also 8 days overdue at that point, lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• nothing will work if your body isnt ready. Sorry be patient baby will come when they are ready.
    Anonymous

• When your baby is fully developed, the baby will send a signal to your body and labor will begin. To start labor earlier is to have a baby that is not fully developed in some way (even if baby *seems* fine).
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 2:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I definitely think your body needs to be ready. However, if you are to that point I think you can give it a little help. It might sound crazy, but at the very end I took one of those big yoga balls and I sat on it all day. I did some rolling and light bouncing on it (very light) that night I went into labor because my water broke. I personally think that helped a little.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 2:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009