my son doesn't like whole milk

hes 1yr old n i try giving him whole milk but he refuses to take it n crys crys he only will take his formula

foxy02

Asked by foxy02 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We mixed formula with milk to transition our son. Try 75% formula to 25% milk for a few days and then slowly mix more milk and less formula over the next couple of weeks.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• i have tryed that but he's smart n wont drink it
    foxy02

Answer by foxy02 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Try mixing it without his seeing.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We also transitioned gradually from formula to whole milk. My babies still did not really like it for a while. Our pediatrician recommended trying it with different flavorings and at different temperatures; he said Carnation Instant Breakfast mix was a good one to use. It still took a while for them to start actually drinking it,. We gave them yogurt and cheese everyday until they started taking the milk.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Don't force it. It's not necessary. Just make sure he has a well balanced diet, and use water as a drink.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Did you warm it like you did the formula? If you don't use it like the above lady posted make sure your baby has fat in his diet. The fat myelinates (gives protective coating) the brain cells and nervous system cells. Ask the doctor about the best types of foods are good subs. for the milk. I give my son cheese made from whole milk, yogurt mad from whole milk, I make pudding w/ whole milk. Make mac and chees w/ whole milk. You get the pic. If none of these work, please call your doc and ask what he/she wants you to do.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Have you tried soy milk?
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My dd didnt like whole milk so we put a little spoonful of powedered choc in it and she loved it. They say kids that are offered milk with flavors get more calcium. I would try that. Dont add to much just enough to give it a little flavor.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2009