Naps???

My son is two and if he even takes a 30min nap in the day he wont sleep till 10:00 or 11:00, I try to keep him up but if we have to go somewhere he falls asleep in the car. Is this normal???

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would try putting him to bed an hour earlier than normal and see if that helps. It is normal because this is a transition phase. He is not quite ready for no naps, but he is past taking a real nap. Putting him to bed earlier at night may help him feel more rested in the morning and he will be less likely to melt down during the day.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think putting him to bed earlier would help him to feel more rested. I would move the bedtime ealier by about 15 minutes each day until it is closer to 7 or 7:30. Then he should want to nap a little later. I would also try to be home as much as possible so that he can take a consistent nap in his crib. Kids around 2 should get between 12-15 hours of sleep a day.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2009