• In the Spotlight:

Aspirators?

Do you use the hospital aspirator , battery operated aspirator, or the suction with a tube aspirator! Which do you all prefer

hollinshead

Asked by hollinshead at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The one the hospital gave me.
    The battery powered ones can irritate the lining of the nose and make the stuffiness worse simply from the swelling that comes from the irritation. So can overusing any aspirator but it's easier to make things worse with the powered ones.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Like the above poster said, I use the one the hospital gave me, and overusing ANY aspirator will cause inflammation.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Only a hand one...

I've decided I wish them made those things for adults sometimes............ugh. Like now.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I only used the one the hospital gave us. I didn't see the point in buying another one when that one worked just fine.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009