About How many packs of diapers should I buy before the baby comes?

I've been buying Luvs stage 1, pack of 58. So far, I have 116 diapers but i'm worried about buying too many stage 1's as its only for babys 5-12 pounds and stage 2 is 12-18 pounds. Should I buy more of the stage 2 diapers or keep buying the stage 1 diapers and if so, how many should I buy? Enough for 3 months?

discoveringme89

Asked by discoveringme89 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would buy some stage 2 diapers as well. Size ones did not last me very long because I had larger babies.
    As for how many of each to buy, it is hard to tell. If you are able to get to a store once in a while, I would just buy 2 packs of each, just to be safe.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would wait to see the baby.How fast or slow they will grow.
    Anonymous

• Assuming your baby will go through 8-10 diapers in 24 hours(the average) you don't have enough stage one diapers to last even a month. You'll need more if your baby is born around 8 pounds. Every baby grows at a different pace, so don't get too far ahead with stocking up!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter was born prematurely so we had size N for about a week, then we gradually moved up. Some diapers fit differently than others do, so I would buy too many now. Maybe buy a couple of different brands until you find the one that works for you and your baby. I liked Huggies but they ran a little small. One of the kids that I babysat for loved Pampers. Pampers had a fragrance that caused my DD to break out in a rash. So, I wouldn't stock up too much yet. Plus, I'd only buy a couple of packs of 1s and more 2s.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My baby never fit into newborn diapers and went straight into stage ones. He was only in stage ones for a month or so before going into stage 1-2 (which I should have just bought instead of stage 1 to begin with). He went into stage 2 diapers at 2.5 months old. You can't predict how much your baby will grow, so if money is an issue, I'd recommend only buying for a month at a time in each size so that you don't have any waste. Babies tend to use 10 diapers per day (which is about 70 diapers per week). I wouldn't buy more than 300 stage 1 diapers to start out with and would have some stage 2's just incase.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• What I did was buy one pack of diapers each time we went grocery shopping, all the way up through stage three.

Kaylee is now 9 1/2 months, and to date since she was born we have bought 2 packs of diapers.

We got newborn diapers at my babyshower, so we didn't need to buy any of those. At Costco they have a size 1-2, kinda an in between, and she went through about 2 packs of those prior to moving up to size 2. I probably bought around 2 boxes size 1, 2 boxes size 1-2, three boxes size 2 and about 5 boxes size 3. But I am talking about Costco boxes, not just a package from the grocery store.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would only get one pack, just in case those type of diapers don't work for your LO.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009