If you are a tampon user, would you try a cup?

Diva cup that is. Or Moon Cup, ect.
If you only use pads, would you try it?
If you use a cup, what made you switch?

I would really prefer educated responses and not just "Eww!" or something similiar.

WhippleBaby

Asked by WhippleBaby at 2:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• I really would like to try a cup. But I have to get a period first... (BC messed me up)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I've never heard of a cup. How does it work? (dare I ask)
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Im a tampon user, always have been I have never used a cup of any kind and just dont get how it could work but I may try it If I knew More about it! Im not educated on it but am interested!
    Anonymous

• i havent heard of it either. im curious.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I love my diva cup! stifflers mom (lol, love your screen name) it is a small soft silicone cup that is shaped liek a bell. You fold it in various ways and insert it into the vagina. It catches all your blood. When it's full (can be worn up to 12 hours holds a full ounce) you just empty it and rinse. Check them out a divacup.com for more information. Also check out the cafemom group The (.) Cup
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They work by catching the blood. It keeps your insides moist so can be used right to the end and can be taken out and reinserted until comfy without tearing you up inside.
    I got the hang of mine after about 4days. Its really not messy, and lasts for upto 12 hrs, and you can use it overnight. But no during sex.
    When I got it in correctly I couldn't feel it at all. But I always did feel tampons, which is why I used cloth pads before.
    Also, cramping was better and my period was at least a day shorter. (I'm very regular)
    WhippleBaby

Answer by WhippleBaby at 2:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm not sure about it because I think that I might forget about it being up there, I know you can't lose it up there, but I'm not to good with pulling things out of there.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yeah, go to divacup and read the info its very interesting. I really wanna try one.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• NicholeAT, that's funny you say that. I was a bit paranoid when I did get the hang of it. I couldnt feel it and kept thinking I was gonna forget it. Especially since I had nothing to remind me. But I did remember. And even if I did forget it would eventually leak so I'd know. Plus there is no risk of TSS with cups! So it's not dangerous if you do forget.
    WhippleBaby

Answer by WhippleBaby at 3:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• How do you take it out without getting blood all over your hands? This is a serious question...
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 3:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009