I'm curious why the schools are unfair in this conduct code.

Why do cheerleaders get to wear short skirts and tank tops revealing their bloomers when they do flips and stomach when they raise their arm's, yet the conduct code is that you are not allowed to wear anything like that during school or even at a pep-rally they wouldn't let you..IF you are not a cheerleader..Do you think their outfits are appropriate for a whole school of young boys & girls to see? Do you think that people (boys) mostly pay attention to their *cheering skills?*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a cheerleader and its because if you have loose clothing, or clothes that are too big, they can get in your way.it can be dangerous if your doing a stunt and you have on clothes that are not snug.
    why do football players get to wear tight pants???
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have to agree just one more way to support the clickey crap that goes on in high school
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm with you. I have no idea why the schools are this way but I believe that cheerleaders should have more age-approiate clothing. I'm sorry but I wouldn't want my daughter to be wearing an outfit that is a sexual fantasy for many men. I don't think young girls should be allowed to wear outfits that are that revelaing and considered sexy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• ive always had a problem with that! when i sub i see cheerleaders who wear their uniforms all day & the skirts are just too short! ive even heard a female student complain LOUDLY to her friend right in front of school admins saying "if i wore a skirt that short they'd send me home!"

i think if the cheerleaders want to wear their uniforms during the school day they should have to wear track pants underneath. at my school it was required to keep things fair...or it coulda been b/c i went to high school in Alaska haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• there are rules to cheerleading and one of the number one rules is safety!
    I was a "flyer" which means I was the one that got thrown up in the air when doing stunts, its not safe to have on baggy clothes while doing things like that
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• but i have no problem with them wearing their uniforms when they are actually cheering.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• and also, cheerleaders wear spankies over top of their panties, that way nobody sees your underwear.
    and okmanders is right, if you are wearing your uniform to school you are required to wear track shorts/pants or the bottoms to your warmup uniform, unless of course its during a pep rally
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• At my highschool (not so long ago) the girls were required to wear shorts under their skirts, and the tops although tight were not lowcut or anything of that nature.

I don't think that a traditional high school uniform should be changed because grown men fantasize about it...they fantasize about a lot of things. So that claim is unfair.

I also have to agree with mommybrooke when she says that it is unsafe for these girls to wear loose clothing when doing their stunts. They can get in the way and cause the stunt to go wrong, resulting in injuries.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's unsafe for them to do the stunts too, so what's your point?
    There are tight-ish things that you could wear for that, that should be no different than a flailing skirt. You could wear a fitting cheer shirt and some fitting, stretch capri's, couldn't you? Yea.
    That's not the only thing to wear to cheer in!

Anonymous

• anon. yes thats right but like CarolynBarnett said why change the traditional uniform?
    and dont you think its the same thing as football players or wrestlers wearign tight uniforms? girls look at them just as much as guys look at girls.
    also, what about swim teams? do you want them to stop wearing bathing suits and wear scuba gear?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009