Should I try it again?

Me and my babys daddy have been getting along great lately and he hasn't dated anyone else since we broke up. We talked about getting back together and he still tells me he loves me. I still love him too but I'm afraid to get hurt by him again. What should I do?

Native_Mommy253

Asked by Native_Mommy253 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, you are the only person who can answer that question. Nobody knows what's in your heart or his. We don't know why you broke up either. But if he is a good guy, give it another shot. If you broke up because of abuse, then no, don't go back. You don't want to look back in it later and think "what if" especially when it's the father of your child. You both love each other and that's a great foundation to a second chance. You are the only person who can really answer this question.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I say fallow your heart, Or you'll regret not taking the chance
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Take the chance. It's all part of life.
    You'll be happy if you take the chance and if doesn't work then you'll have a learning expirience.
    Life is all about trial and error, so give it another try, you never know what might happen!! :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If the reason why the two of you broke up in the first place hasn't been resolved, then theres issue for concern...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It depends on him...Yeah, he says he still loves you,etc...but, are his actions that of a changed man? Is he being responsible with the baby (keeping up his face time, helping support her, etc) Is he telling you he loves you without also trying to get in your pants? Is he showing you more respect and/or that hes mending his ways? If he is DOING as well as saying the right things, then I say take a chance. Just set some clear rules for the relationship and stick to them! And let him know that if you guys are going to be a family again that he has to be serious about it and not toy with both you and his kid. (basically don't waste your time!)

*don't know why you guys split, so just throwing questions out there for thinkage....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• take it slow and see how it goes

Answer by admckenzie at 3:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2009