For moms that work outside the home....Do you hate it when your co-workers come to work sick?

I'm home sick for the second day in a row. My co-worker has been coming to work for the past 5 weeks with a horrible head cold and bad cough - I can't specifically say what it is because she hasn't gone to the doctor. She and I work close together and share documents, etc. I have been spraying Lysol and using disinfectant wipes on my phone, keyboard, desk, etc. My work doesn't go away when I'm gone so I know I'll have a mountain of paperwork and e-mails. Does this make anyone else mad?

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 2:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG yes yes yes!!! I hate it. Because I usually get it, then the kids, then the hubby & most of the time we pass it back & forth for a month. I hope you feel better!!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• it didnt when I worked outside the home, sometimes people just dont have the luxury of taking time off to be sick I worked in a call center (very close quarters) so I used every prevention product I could think of( airbornne etc) Besides if you didnt catch it form work you would probably catch it from teh grocery store or from your kid who got it from teh other kid at day care. Cold and flu season sucks prevention is your best line of defense
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It makes me mad when I do to the dentist or soemthing and the people helping me are sick. Or if someone goes to work that works in the food industry.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Not onlydoes it make me mad that the coworker is exposing me to their germs, but it's annoying! To hear the hacking, coughing and gagging! Gross.
    Anonymous

• 5 weeks? Why didn't she go to the doc? Yes, I get upset when people make me sick at work.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• When I worked I always hated that. Worse, I hated waiting on sick customers (I cashiered in a retail store). There's nothing worse than handling money of a person who is coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and wiping their nose on the back of their hands. Gross!
    I always had a can of Lysol that I had bought and kept with me at my register and sprayed down my register and the customer's credit/debit card machine every so often. Especially before I began my workday and opened my lane. I also kept hand sanitizer with me to use if I felt especially grimey after awhile.
    Handling money is the grossest!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2009