Blood Pressure Question

What is a normal blood pressure. Mine is 90/59. Does anyone know what the numbers mean and if that is normal. I'm 27 weeks and some change preggo, but this question isnt' really pretaining to the pregnancy. DO NOT tell me to go to the doc, I am a UCer.

navy-wife

Asked by navy-wife at 2:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• Normal BP is 120/80.. yours diagnostic seems really low...hypotensive... it's not "good" for a non pg woman much less someone that is 27 weeks along...

I have bp issues, but mine is high naturally. Mine is controlled by meds not pg...mine is hereditary.

mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• That is really low..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• That is very low. I have the same problem. My blood pressure runs right at the normal/hypotension levels. Standing up, turning around, just moving in general sends my blood pressure plummeting and me grabbing for whatever is nearby because the dizziness about knocks me over. I have a call in to my doctor about it because it is getting really bad, I can barely drive (mostly because I am afraid of a dizzy spell while driving).

Call your doctor! I am not pregnant and it is worrying me. You need to call your doctor because that is dangerously low. I don't know what the doctor can do for it (still waiting for mine to call back) but you need to get in touch with your OB.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• 90/ 59 is perfectly normal for a young healthy person. I wouldn't be worried at all. Mine runs like that all the time even when I was pregnant with my son, If anything pregnancy can make your bp go up (pre elcampsia), if your bp goes above 140/90 I would contact your dr but unless you are having other symptoms like dizziness, vomiting or weakness I wouldn't worry at all. You can try to increase your intact of fluids and see if that brings it up cause that is what teh hospital would do anyway thru an IV.
    GagesMomma228

Answer by GagesMomma228 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009