Teenage Pregnancy...

I have read most of the advice people were giving that teenage girl who posted (Teenage mommy to be) looking for advice. Most people were putting up there judgements and opinions and not really advice. I was just wondering how most people felt about teenage pregnancy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I thnk any pregnancy should be inside marriage when youare financially stable. I think anyone who gets pregnant when they are not married or cannot afford to care for a baby or are living at home are irrisponsable and selfish, jmo.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It happens, it is not an ideal situation for any one to be in. But in the end it is up to the girl to decide what she is going to do. I try not to judge a pregnant teenager until I see how they wound up a few years later. i mtself was a teenage mom being 19 when my son was born. He is a wonderful kid and I think I'm a pretty great mom if I do say so myself. But there are flip sides to that too where I know two sisters that both had thier first babies at 15 and they both live at home with thier parents with 2 kids a piece and no jobs.
    JandAddysMom

Answer by JandAddysMom at 3:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Navy wife in a perfect world that sounds great. But it doesnt always happen like that.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think a lot of the pressure gets put on the pregnant girl expecially if shes a teen and I think thats unfair. I dont think its selfish at all I highly doubt that a teenager plans to get pregnant, and I think its immature when adults try to bring teens down because of being pregnant when they should be helping them.
    Anonymous

• I was 18 when I got pregnant with my oldest son who is now 11 years old. Some may consider that over the age of teen pregnancy but the doctors didn't. I think people really need to stop being so judgement about teens getting pregnant. Is it okay? Well not really but it happens. People are people they make bad decisions young and old. If a teen gets pregnant then they are going to need someone to understand that they aren't stupid. Yes they made a "mistake" and I say it that way because a baby is never a mistake. What about the teens who do take care of their kids and later get married? *sigh*
    Countrygirlw3

Answer by Countrygirlw3 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• True Anon...and the same people who put them down are the ones who would think they are horrible women for having an abortion.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It depends. I dont believe in Marriage because I have never really been able to trust anyone and thats my opinion. It depends if a parent is making the teen get a job and be responsible its fine with me, and its not my kid so its not my problem.
    Anonymous

• who the hell are all you people too judge those of us who are not married and those who are young if we choose too have our children then so be it just because we are not married or young doesn't mean we are not as great parents as you people are that is just plan crap i know so many people who are married that have either killed their children or have had them taken away now that is selfish and neglect not the fact that parents weren't married or too young
    Anonymous

• I just think it's unfortunate. Especially when you see questions from pregnant teens on this site and they can barely spell or type a complete sentence. I try my best to keep my opinions to myself - I am only voicing my opinion because you asked. I understand that accidents happen and I also am sure that there are SOME stories of teen parents that have a positive outcome, but unfortunately most of the time that is not the case. Most of the time the "accidental" pregnancies are more like completely irresponsible situations where the teens weren't practicing any kind of birth control. I feel like in today's society sex education is out there and most teens should know exactly how to protect themselves. It's hard to have sympathy for them sometimes....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think most teenage moms didn't plan to get pregnant, and usually even if they did, it was for immature reasons. It's ignorant to judge them, they are already moms, you can't go back in time and change that. I think it's important to show them love and support to help them through everything instead of bashing them and making them feel like shit. Whats done is done, we just need to do a better job of educating our own children to keep them out of the same situation.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 3:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009