How to make the baby quit crying?

My baby has the colic. I have tryed bouncing b/c they say bouncing a colicy baby is the best thing to do. I go through a bottle of gas medicine every two days. What should I do. when does the colic finally go away???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It usually gets better by about 3 months. Hang in there, mama. I know it's rough. We went though mylicon like crazy, and practically paced a hole in the floor. Swaddling might help. My son loved to be patted hard on his butt for some reason when he cried. Just keep telling yourself, this too shall pass.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• coliccalm.com
    Anonymous

• COLIC IS NOT GAS! Giving your baby a bottle of gas drops every two days is just rediculous and stupid! Rock hold and love your baby. Nurse on demand. Colic effects different babies for different reasons. You just need to rock and love him . Try balencing him on his belly on your leg or arm (securely though). Welcome to parenthood.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• That sounds like way too much gas medicine to be giving him in two days. I, personally, am not a big fan of gas medicine I think it gives them more gas.
    You are going to have to try a hundred different things and see what works for now. Try swaddling, rocking, walking, carrying in a sling, wrap in warm towels, sing to, etc., etc.
    Colic usually starts to fade by 3 months of age. Just remember that if your baby has true colic then sometimes they are going to just cry. As long as you have done all you can then don't worry.
    It will be tough but take it day by day and it will be over before you know it. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• my youngest baby was like this for 3 and a half months solid. the crying lasted morning to following morning. I went through a couple different formulas and found that "gentlease" was the best for my son. It helped a little but there was still a LOT of crying. I found Gripe Water and that seemed to work wonders. It also cures hiccups! Another thing I found for temporary relief of all the crying was giving the baby a nice warm bath. Even if it took up to an hour, I just kept re warming the water, he seemed happy that way. Are you formula feeding or breastfeeding? If you are breastfeeding, it might be something in your diet that you need to exclude. Like milk or caffein. Good luck, it will get better. I promise. It seemed to stop over night with my son. He's a very happy 5.5 month old now.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 3:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My girly had the colic until she was almost 3 months old, sometimes when nothing works you hold the baby super tight and whisper in their ear (doesn't even hafta be real words, just shhhhhh works) and the baby can feel that you are trying to calm her down, and she calms down. That worked for me about 60% of the time.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The bouncing and drops may be making it worse. Take a look at how he's being fed. If you're breastfeeding, he may be reacting to something in your diet. If formula, the formula may not agree with him.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Try giving him gripe water. They sell it at walgreens. Quit all the gas meds.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Running water, and warm wet towel on the stomach.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2009