help.... i dont get it!

I am 35 weeks according to one doctor and 37 according to another, but anyway... i have been having contractions but... they are on the left side of my uterus and then sometimes on the right and sometimes both sides, is this normal? i thought my whole uterus should contract at the same time, has this happened to anyone else? i feel like i am the strange 2% of pregnant women affected by all the wrong things!

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first two boys were like this and on the right side only until I hit active labor. Then it wrapped all around my torsol. With my third, the real contractions started all over my belly, not just on one side. good luck!
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 3:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes, very normal. I always contracted on the top of my uterus, until active labor started that is. BH contractions tend to be disorganized like that, only using part of the uterus, or not happening in a regular rhythm. When it's the real thing, it will be your whole uterus and it will be organized. Chances are good that you'll know it when it happens. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009