Please help?

I am taking care of a little girl of 4 and a half who is "potty trained" but who still wears pull-ups to bed.  She is staying for a week.  Yesterday morning I woke to a pull up full of pee and poop!  I bathed and dressed her and my 4 year old son (one month older...completely potty trained, dry all night, etc).  I then took a shower, while they were watching TV.  I come down to a URINE SOAKED COUCH!  OMG!  So then I became the pee-pee nazi and was good to go until my husband and her daddy show up, so I leave pee patrol to her daddy while I made supper and relaxed with my husband.  She pee'd on my son's bed while watching tv.  Her dad handled that.  I woke this morning to wet pull-up again, but no poop (thank you Jesus!).  She was just watching some tv right now as I put some stuff in the crockpot for dinner.  I come back in the living room to find her WET again. 

SterlingLegend

Asked by SterlingLegend at 3:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow! I kno the feeling... My baby gurl is 3 and has a friend 6 weeks younger, but thy're on 2 totally different levels. My lil1 has been completely Potty trained for atleast 8-9 months now (nite time 2) but her lil friend for whatever reason hasnt mastered it yet. OOOOH, this aggrevates me so much. I dnt mind watching her but she doesnt even make the effort to get 2 a bathroom. and it doesnt even bother her that she's messed herself. she will jus go on wit her life. and her mother is in some kinda denial, instead of her sending pull ups along with her, she swears to the holy waters that she is trained. I dnt wanna make the kid feel bad, but it gets to me. I have to keep in mind that every kid is not like mine. I cant even tel u ho w 2 handle it, im jus glad that im not alone. Trust me I feeel ur pain!
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Why are you watching her for a week? Sounds like she probably just misses her parents and is confused. Kids have this issue when something is bothering them.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm watching her because her daddy and my husband are both Marines and they're both going through some training together and her daddy stays with us during the week. Well, he goes to NC to see his girls and he decided to bring the older one for a week long visit. She's an adorable little girl...I just have things to do beside follow her around asking if she has to use the potty!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 3:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• why not put her in a pull up while she's visiting. It won't hurt her. and you can relax, just try to stay vigilant in asking her if she needs to go potty.

My son has been potty trained since October, for the most part, still wore pullups at night, very sound sleeper, for the next few months. WE went to disney in December , he wore pullups the entire vacation, made life so much easier and he never had a wet pull up.
    good luck
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 3:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009