how can i get my hair to look good curly?!

i have frizzy, wavy hair. and i straighten it allll the time, but id like to wear it curly sometimes. ive tried using a diffuser.. it just gets frizzy. ive tried mousse, that just makes it hard, and my hair looks wet all day. i don't want that, id like to have waves that look natural and are frizz free! any suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have naturally curly hair and i suggest you use Loreal Paris Extreme Hold Gel. My curls are so tight that it I straightened my hair it would look about 6 inches longer than it looks. just a little bit can go a long way.

Straightening your hair all the time is damaging it, (I know, I tried it for a long time) If you can, get your ends snipped to help with split ends.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• well mouse and gels will make your hair hard, instead try curling creams or frizzfix oil
    I would recomend: Curling cream by Cat Walk, or contoring milk by Matrix Curl.life
    the firs one is good for thiker hair its a bit stronger hold you can use it togrther with a bit of oil to smooth the freeze away
    and the Curl.life is very soft natural hold its smells good and feels like there's nothing on your hair...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• oh yea for got to mention you are on the right track with the difuser... just use that product on wet hair then dry it with defuser
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• omg this product by "CATWALK" worked amazingly for me. It comes in like a blue bottle and its like mouuse u put into ur hair to bump up the curls. it holds really good too! sorry don't know the exact name of it but thats the brand u can find it at just about any salon
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The diffuser is a great asset if you use it correctly. The trick is to put the heat on the dryer on medium or low, don't put it on high your hair will dry too fast look brittle and likely blow all over the place and just look messy. Lightly let your hair sink into the diffuser then turn it onand use one hand on your hair to guide it so it doesn't get frizzy and messy. Products are key too. Try these,
    mark Curl Goddess Curling Mist With Conditioning Sunflower along with mark Curl Goddess Curl and Wave Defining Gel With Conditioning Sunflower. www.youravon.com/dhullum code fsany gets free shipping. These are the best products i've used and they're about a 1/4 the price of catwalk, tigi and biosilk products! Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• thanks for all the suggestions!!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 10:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I have naturally curly/wavy hair too. I usually straighten, but when I don't have the time or energy, I leave it curly. I leave it in a towel for about an hour, then I finger-comb and let it air dry or dry it with my regular Farouk dryer (no diffuser). I occasionally use curling creams like PP's mentioned, but I usually just use frizz-ease or the fructis anti-frizz stuff. I sometimes use a texturizing spray- but the kind I have is pretty expensive so I don't like to waste it on my curly days, though it works really well. I use all products prior to drying and sometimes again when try to catch strays.

Those products in combination with towel then air-drying and finger-combing work well for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009