ok i had 2 answer anyone else rash on baby's face

check the photos out on my page and tell me if i should consider going to ER
doctors wont accept here till medicaid sends me her card ( they are 10 days after the 30 days they said it would take to get the card) and i believe its a rash of some sort but i need your advice

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is difficult to see cause (at least on my computer) the pictures are a little dark, but it looks like some baby acne going on. How old is she? I forgot to check. Does she have an appointment soon? If she is not running a fever, or acting distressed in anyway, and no one else in your family has gotten the same symptoms as her, then I would say that it could wait for a regular doctors appointment, and if she doesn't have one soon then I would just make one....I am a little confused about who will and wont accept her medicaid - is it the ER doctors or the pediatrician? Because I can't see a pediatrician refusing to see a patient...they can look it up on the computer if she is qualified for and/or has active medicaid.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• pediatricians and medicaid has yet given her a number she qualifies but they are stalling ive been calling EVERY day i will post a lighter pic of her face

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I can't really tell by those pictures, but I can tell you this ^-^ and hopefully it will help. My daughter kept breaking out in a rash on her face JUST LIKE THAT, and guess what, turned out that it was the perfume that my mom was wearing that caused it. I didn't have to take her to the doctor or anything to figure it out, I just realized it when it would get bad after my mom would hold her for any length of time. Good luck! It's probably just your babies sensitive skin reacting to something around the house!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=13820245&albumID=1221458&imageID=54419175

There's a pic of what it looked like on my daughter
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree with previous post...it does look like baby acne, or maybe eczema. The pics are fuzy and the lighting is off so I cant really tell. I would wait and see if it goes away on it's own.. Does it feel scaley? If it does it is probably eczema. Does it get worse when she has a bath (alot of baby soaps have trace amounts of alcahol in them, made my daughters eczema flare up)? Good luck, stay on them about her medicade. In my state they will back pay up to 30 days, so if it gets worse or she gets other symptoms I would take her anyway, they can't turn you away in the ER no matter if you can pay or not.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009