fluid in the kedneys?

I went to the docs yesterday and she mentioned there was fluid in one of my sons kendeys *hes not born yet* and didnt seem to be too wrried about it.. anyone heard anything about this??

angelkcm2

Asked by angelkcm2 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, my OB said my son (who isn't born yet either) has extra fluid in his kidneys, sent me to a specialist, the specialist said its normal for boys to have excess fluid in the kidneys more so than girls. But it turns out he said its just fine, if they do have it to where its a problem, after the baby is born the pediatrician will have to empty it, but my specialist said that is hardly ever the case. Usually the "problem" corrects itself. Here's a link with info.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My son had the same exact problem. He had some tests done shortly after he was born, and he was fine. It's actually very common. My son is 8 months old now and has no problems. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009