C- section vs Vaginal Birth

in your opinion which is worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have birthed 6 children, 2 of which were c-section.........c-section is MUCH MUCH worse!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 3:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Worse in what way? I think that a C-Section is worse on your body and takes away from the experience of becoming a mother and being able to immediately hold your baby afterword. It takes longer to heal, and leaves a lifelong scar, whereas a vaginal birth is a very bonding experience for you and your family, you heal within a few weeks, and have memories that you will never forget.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Totally depends. Different women have different opinions and experiences. I've known women who had both and preferred vaginal birth, and I've known women who had both and preferred c-section. There are just so many variables to take into account.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• C-section.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I believe both can be worse depending on the situation.

You can have a horrid vaginal birth and want nothing more to do with them and the same can be said for c/sections.

Im sure most will agree c/sections are harder but that doesnt make them worse(although Im sure people will say so).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I've had 5, all vaginal, so I really don't know.
    Cal311

Answer by Cal311 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I think that a C-Section is worse on your body and takes away from the experience of becoming a mother and being able to immediately hold your baby afterword. It takes longer to heal, and leaves a lifelong scar, whereas a vaginal birth is a very bonding experience for you and your family, you heal within a few weeks, and have memories that you will never forget.

WOW. How sad.

I had two c-sections and bonded just fine, thank you very much. If I actually took that answer serioulsy - now I have to feel competitive over how I gave birth? That must be how it starts for some women - they are so completey insecure about themselves that they actually have to downgrade someone else's birth experience.

I think the question is very broad but I can tell you this - HOW you give birth is not nearly as important as getting a healthy baby out of you and into the world. That's the end goal.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I can only go by w/ how I had my son which was C-Section, and it was not bad at all. Am planning on having another one w/ this baby. C-Section isn't always as bad as what people make it to be. Yes you don't get to hold your baby right away and that is bad, but the father gets to bond w/ that child immediately which I think is a plus.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• TOtally agree with Tiffany-I had a c-section and it wasn't "bad"; I mean no I didn't get to immediately hold my child and yes I will have a scar for life but those were the only 2 downfalls. My hubby got to hold her instantly and that was the most precious thing ever, to see a father holding his newborn daughter.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yeah Wimsey, that whole not bonding via C-section is a totally whack statement! After my last two sons were born via C-section, they immediately brought him to me and we bonded just like I did with the three I birthed. (one birth was still born). When I say it's worse I mean physically worse, in that your body doesn't naturally secrete the birthing hormones when you have a C, the surgery is MAJOR surgery and recovery is a HUGE painful bit**, your body doesn't naturally do what it is suppose to do in that the contractions after birth that naturally strengthen your uterus back, doesn't happen, you have major scar tissue issues, harder to loose all the skin weight, and your not up and running as fast as you would be for vaginal. I don't think that either is in any way better for bonding and that nonsense. Mine was medical, I HAD to have a C with my last two, wouldn't be something I would just choose to do.....

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 3:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009