My son refuses to nap.

My son is 2 and just won't nap. Should I force him to lay down for awhile or just let it go. The few times I've gotten him to nap lately he stays up all night long and refuses to sleep at bedtime. Do you stop naps at 2?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 3:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think he is overtired. Try putting him down for his nap earlier right before he starts getting tired. My son is 2 and when he misses one nap then the next day I put him down earlier. If he goes down too late than he just screams or plays and won't nap. If he is wanting to go to bed later is it becuase he is napping too late. It really can turn into an endless cycle. I would just keep putting him down kids at that age need between 12-15 hours of sleep.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Are there alot of activities around that keeps him up? If he just aint sleepy leave him to be. Whenever he feels sleepy you will see the signs. If he is not sick and is himself I will not worry about it so far us he sleeps through the night;):
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 3:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• He does get sleepy though. He yawns and gets kinda cranky but still even when I turn all the lights off, lay down with him and do all that he still just won't nap.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009