I have never colored my hair and I want something to cover the grey. What do you suggest to use at home as I don't have the money to get it done at a salon. I want it to look as natural as possible. HELP.

Whats the best why to choose the color too when your standing in a store looking at the boxes?

MommaB0334

Asked by MommaB0334 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Check Loreal temporary color kits. I used to use castings by Loreal, but I'm sure they have changed the name to something else.. it might be called Color Spa right now
    Anonymous

• Do you have a Sallys' Beauty Supply where you are?.. I get my permanent color there. there is a huge variety of colors and the techs there will be glad to help you pick a color that suits you.
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 5:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• going lighter is better....cause then when the roots start to show the greys are less noticable until you can color again.
    Anonymous

• Natural Insticts makes a great box that washes out after about 10 weeks.
    The boxes cost about 8.97 here but you can go online and find a coupon for $2-$4 off usually.
    All of the ladies in my family use it to cover gray and it looks completely natural but you don't have the permanent mess if it goes wrong and it doesn't damage or dry out your hair.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I thought you had to have a beautician's license, even at Sally's, to buy color. Before my daughter became a beautician, I used Revlon Color Silk. The boxes usually cost me less than $3.00.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Nope you don't need a license for Sally's

Anonymous

• I have used Clariol...but lately my sister will put the loreal two tone. And yes, I have found the lighter I've gone it colors the gray better...but you have to keep the color up.

For the longest I did use Clariol Natural Insticts it washs out faster but you can play around with different colors to see what you like better. Darker or Lighter...You will have to show us a before and after shot.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2009