Is it appropriate for an eleven year old girl to lay on top of her father in a dark room, or at all for that matter?

taellis1969

Asked by taellis1969 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not weird and I wish you would explain what you mean...I doubt the way you wrote this question is how it really is..You made it sound bad, but I'm guessing it was something simple like them two laying down watching tv or asleep and she is cuddled in his arms in front of him, leaning on him..All kids lay like that, so I'm guessing that's what it is...If not, give more info in the reply.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the exact situation. SO how about explaining the question and situation in detail.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Umm...I personally think its a little weird...no wait actually I think its very weird. What is the need to be doing this? In a dark room no less? Just sounds a little off...
    Anonymous

• Uh, why wouldn't it be? It's her father. I sleep with my dad (in the same bed) when I go home sometimes and I'm a married woman! I still sit on his lap! I love my daddy! There's nothing wrong with showing affection to those we love. Would it be wrong for a girl to "lay" on her mother? My daughter takes baths with my husband. Why would it matter?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• What do you mean laying in a room..Like on the couch watching a movie and laying together? Nothing wrong with that. That's not enough info because I am thinking of two ways this could work out. One being when I was younger I'd come up to my parents and lay with them on the couch.
    Anonymous

• Oooohhh, I see what it is! YOU are the STEPMOM!!! If you were the biological mother you wouldn't even be asking this..I suspected this when I read your question.
    It just sounded like something a typical, jealous step mom would ask.
    Anonymous

• no
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• NO!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 3:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• To Anon 12:58 - WTF!!!

I WISH my bio mom had asked questions like this when things of this nature happened with me and my father, and perhaps I would not have been RAPED. Things are not always peachy and innocent, and it should not matter who is asking the questions, all that matters is that she is concerned, and I applaud her for doing so.

To the OP...yes it is (to me) weird and you should keep an eye on any other suspicious activity.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yes its fine in most cases. I LOVE my dad and I will be a daddy's girl til the day I die! I cuddled with my dad the way you would a 5 year old child. There was nothing perverting going on at all and my dad would never even THINK of something like that. I think the one post was right about your being the stepmom. I dont know if you are jealous or just can't understand the bond between daughter and father...but why don't you just ask your husband about this? I sure hope you arent trying to take his daughter away from him. That would be so low down and dirty.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2009