Why is it that Anyone can tell you you owe them money? But then you have to spend your time (sometimes even years!) justifying why you Don't!?!??

Little frustrated...

ddwin

Asked by ddwin at 3:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Huh?
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Still trying to get that one taken care of! We had a hospital bill that I paid off before we tried to get a house. Then, last month, a collection agency started claiming that I still owed this hospital bill! I have provided receipts that it has been paid off and written them letters and called them and they are STILL claiming that it hasn't been paid because I didn't pay them. No, you idiots, I paid the hospital! 4 years ago!
    Anonymous

• So far, this year alone...I've had to fight 3 major 'institutions' (all government, by the way) over bills they've sent me that I DIDN'T owe them for!! I've won one battle with the LVPD on a bogus ticket...from TWO YEARS ago...but the health care bills, that Were covered under my Government Plans, are getting to be Rediculous!! I'm covered! I don't owe any one JACK, but even after more than a year...I'm Still having to justify to these people why it is that they're Not getting my money!
    ddwin

Answer by ddwin at 4:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• This sucks I know. I had the same issue with one hospital in our area. After a month of getting collection calls I finally got a hold of the right person who worked there and they were able to sort it all out for me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I spent two years arguing over an "unpaid" doctor's appoint that allegedly took place two weeks before my son was there.

I've found that when dealing with these things, when you are positive you are in the right, your best bet is to send a cease and desist letter and leave it up to them to pursue legal action. Collection agents get paid by volume, but the legal dept gets paid for accuracy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Oh, I wish I knew! And, I always question when someone calls saying they got my "account" from someone else, and now they want so much $$ or whatever. I don't trust that.
    Once we get our credit cards paid off, we're never getting them ever again.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009