When we eat

My 6 year old love to say I Do Not Want Nothing To Eat. How I see it if it's not sweet then she do not want it. But when I put the food in her face she suck it down. One day I ask her if her want something to eat and she told me no so I told her to like me know when. It been 4 days and she still do not want nothing to eat.

What should I do just don't ask no more and make her sit down with us or just let her tell me when she want something to eat.

I just do not want to make food and they are not going to eat it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe let her pick what you cook sometimes.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• She is 6, so when it's dinner time for the family...you say "it's time to sit down and eat," and the she sits down and eats. Same with all the other meals.

Of course if you ask a kid = Do you want to go to bed, Do you want to eat, Do you want to go pee.....there is answer is mostly no.

You just say "it's time to go to bed," "It's time to eat," " Go pee before we leave to the store"

You say you don't want to make food she is not going to eat, but then above say if you put the food in front of her she sucks it down. So a little confused. Just make what you are going to make and then try to include something you know she likes.

Also get her involved in making the food with you....or even a special dessert for after dinner.

I am all for giving kids choices, but when it's time to eat, go to bed etc...those are more just consistent day to day things.
    Anonymous

• You NEED to make their meals and have them sit at the table and eat... You can not NOT feed them just bc they say they don't want to eat...
    And if you are afraid of wasting food make smaller portions so there isn't any leftovers...

You ARE the parent... YOU tell them to eat, not THEM telling you what to do....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Will I do not get out of bed intil about 1:00 p.m. (if I get up before that then I will be sick all day) and I tell the kids if u want something before mommy get up to let me know and I will get it. Have a 3 year old that let me know everything and tell me when she did something bad or want some food. I ask her what she want and it's always fast food . And to the Anony if i ask her if she want something to eat she say no but if I make her sit down she will cry out like I'm hitting her. Where I live at they are always on my ass about her crying out like a baby. I'm asking cause it been like this for 3 about to be 4 years it's getting old I try everything and I feel like just giving up on her. I just want to see if anyone else have a baby ass 6 yr old
    Anonymous

• Please let this be a fake post....this can't be fore real...."baby ass 6 year old,"

sad....
    Anonymous

• "I do not want nothing to eat." So, in other words she does want to eat. If she doesn't want "nothing" then she does want something. So why isn't she being give food?

It's meal time, where is she? Playing? Watching TV? What? Why isn't she at least being required to sit at the table with the family? You can't force food down her throat, but you can make her sit at the table during meal time.

You say if it isn't sweet then she doesn't want it, but then you say if you put food in her face she sucks it down. Which is it? Either she's eating or she's not.

Who is the parent? Sounds to me like she's running the show there.

You feel like giving up on her? She's 6! What are you going to do to/with her?

"...baby ass 6 yr old" ?? You MUST be joking.
    Anonymous

• Hell no a 6 yr old is not running shit in here. All I'm saying is that she tell me she do not want nothing to eat but if I do make her sit down with us hubby just like for her to have something in her face. Like I tell her she lie to much cause if she did not want to eat nothing then she would not go for the food. I'm not trying to be put down and No she is not running shit in here. But there is day she will not eat for 4 days and I just want to know if anyone else out there have a 6yr old who act like a baby. No and if she can not eat then I tell her to read a book or get her to do some work intil it's time to go to sleep. She should be happy to have my hubby as her dad cause I would not put nothing in her face
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009