Does this bother anyone else at all?

So I know its "silly" to get mad about anything on tv (also in movies) cause its mostly fake. But I like to watch the show The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Well I was watching it last night and it hit me. They dont make her pregnancy realistic by any means. Yeah she has the belly and maybe the moodyness, but no gas, no water retention, or anything thats considered "unattractive" during pregnancy. Im not saying that pregnancy is unatractive or that everywoman goes through this but at least they can make it a little more realistic than they did. Just my opinion.

Do things like this bother anyone else?

Williamswifey

Asked by Williamswifey at 4:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes! Also, how come she doesn't pee all the damn time??

I can just picture this: in the school hallway, by the lockers (I don't think there are classrooms there)
    Ben: Amy, I want you to keep the baby. My dad has tons of (pause, sniffs) WHAT'S THAT SMELL?
    Amy: (shifting eyes) I don't know what you're talking about.
    Ben: How can you not smell that?? Did the bathroom overflow?
    Amy: I don't know Ben, they're down the hall. I'm having a baby here! (since she says that 100 times each show)
    Ben: OH MY GOD! IT's YOU! You Farted! (disgusted look on face.) Uh, I think we need a break. Gotta go.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• lol... stuff like that bothers my husand in movies... he always points things out that are wrong... exc. when it's military stuff.. it gets kinda annoying

it really doesnt bother me to much... its just a show... they are not going to do detail for detail... just enough so you get the idea...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• haha it would be pretty funny to see her be like " i don't want *fart* i am going to do *fart*....hahaha
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• LOL that is funny. But you are right. I think that they should make it as real as possible because they should not be trying to promote teenage pregnancy. I like the show too.

Anonymous

• I agree, weres the constant crying, swollen ankles, and why are all the families so calm about it mine weren't !!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• No one ever shows all the bad parts... Hahaha. Every once in a while though, there's a show that'll have a more realistic pregnancy in it. It's usually a comedy show already though.

OH, and have you ever noticed no one EVER says "Goodbye" before hanging up the phone after a conversation on tv??
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• They always make the pregnant girls all cute with little round bodies and no weight gain...I don't think so..MOST women gain some weight and the minority of them stay thin looking.
    Anonymous

• "I can feel you looking up at my chins.. I know I look gross...And my boobs are flapping around.... it's all national geographic.." -Knocked Up
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• The whole show bothers me, the whole thing is unrealistic and a joke if you ask me -.- But when I was preg with my first I didn't have any negative symptoms at all, just a growing tummy ^-^ And I even was blessed with the pregnant "glow" This pregnancy on the other hand, is a completely different story.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Juliansmommy317, ha haha haha. You got me thinking. see above reply. :)
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009