Mild achy pelvic pain elevated to severe pelvic pain over night?

32 weeks. For a while now I've have some little aches and pains in my pubic bone, and I know that's normal, but that was nothing compared to how it is now! I could barely roll over in bed last night. I can't walk without wanting to cry. It feels like my pelvis is trying to break in half... I can't lift my legs. The only position that provides relief right now is sitting very straight on a hard chair with both feet on the floor in front of me...

I didn't do anything different yesterday than I have been throughout my pregnancy. I don't understand why it hurts so much more now than normal...

Is this normal? Should I let my doctor know?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be symphysis pubis dysfunction thats what i have its unbearable at times but it gives tips i googled it
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's likely the ligaments continuing to stretch. You can let your care provider know, but it doesn't sound like anything *wrong* - just part of the what makes the latter stages of pregnancy sometimes challenging. Hang in there!!
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 4:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• You def. need to tell your doc. It could be a sign of impending labor but it could be something more serious. I would say call and let them know immediately. Its not a stupid question and it couldn't hurt to be safe.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It is just the bone though... There's no pressure, no back pain, no pain when I pee. It just feels like it wants to break in half when I move..
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• im 26 weeks and having the same problems my doc said its normal. i cant even sit in a chair for more then 10 mins it hurts so bad.it hurts to walk.
    Anonymous